White Beans with Fennel and Swiss Chard
- 4 cups cooked white beans
- 1 cup yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Herbs de Provence
- 1/2 Meyer lemon, seeds removed, chopped finely
- 12 pitted green olives
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add fennel and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add onions and olives and lightly brown mixture, about 5-6 minutes.
Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add chard, herbs, bell pepper, beans, lemon, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Cook until chard wilts, about 4-6 minutes. Remove from heat and adjust seasoning to taste.