Arugula Fettuccine with Spring Vegetables
- Recipe for basic pasta dough, omit 1 egg
- 1/2 lb. baby arugula, blanched and water squeezed out
- 1 bunch asparagus, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb. pea tendrils
- 1 leek, white part only, diced
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 slices prosciutto, diced
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- Lemon oil
- Salt and pepper
- Reserved pasta water
- Olive oil
For the pasta: In a food processor, blend arugula with eggs. Proceed with basic pasta dough recipe.
Following manufacturer’s instructions, roll dough out to fettuccine. Set aside. Put a pot of water on to boil. Add a pinch of salt. Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add leeks and cook for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Reserve 1 cup pasta water. Place pasta in a bowl, toss with lemon oil, and keep warm. Add pea tendrils and asparagus to sauté pan. Cook for 2 minutes. Add pasta water, tomatoes, and prosciutto and simmer for 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Divide pasta into bowls, spoon vegetables over, and sprinkle with parsley.